The concrete base that cuts across the property where the Gunot’s house stands in El Raval is apparently the roof of the stairs that lead into the cellar of the grocery store. The house was rebuilt around 1700 and the stairs were originally inside the house. It remained like an add-on though when the city wall was torn down at the beginning of the twentieth century.